The CIRES Summer Paid Internship in Colorado program is open to students from around the world who are interested in using their quantitative skills to support environmental research. The program is a 10-week, mostly on-site experience with two weeks at the beginning of the program for training and one week at the end for career development. The balance of the internship is spent working alongside CIRES faculty, research scientists, and graduate students on climate and environmental research projects.
Their active research agenda spans the globe and includes aerosol physics, cloud and precipitation processes, carbon cycle studies, climate variability, environmental chemistry, and wind energy applications. Tasks are generally centered around data analysis, data quality control, statistical modeling, database maintenance, website construction, and other computer science tasks related to scientific research.
About CIRES Paid Internship 2022:
CIRES (Center for Integrated Remote-Sensing Studies) is an internationally recognized center within the University of Colorado Boulder. CIRES conducts research, education, and outreach on Earth’s land, atmosphere, and oceans from the local to global scale.
CIRES’ mission is to advance scientific understanding of the Earth system and its response to change through research, education, and public outreach.
The Summer Internship Program provides students with opportunities to conduct independent research at a world-class environmental science institute while making connections that will benefit their future careers. Each intern will work closely with a faculty mentor on an original research project over the course of 10 weeks. The summer program includes lectures by leading experts in the field, workshops on professional development, site visits to other facilities, and field trips to nearby areas of ecological interest. Finally, interns are invited to present their research at an end-of-summer symposium where they may also win awards for outstanding research projects.
More About Paid International Internship 2022:
- Country Name: USA
- Scholarship type: Research Internship
- Available: Undergraduate and Graduates
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Duration of CIRES Internship: 10 to 12 Weeks
- Last Date Of Application: Feb 7, 2022
Financial Aid/ Services:
- Over a 12 week period, the graduate students will receive $1500 each week, paid biweekly.
- During the summer, undergraduates selected will receive $750 each week (May 23 – July 29).
- The program is designed to provide an excellent research experience in a dynamic and supportive environment.
- Student CVs will be improved.
- Students will have the opportunity to pursue internship-related research.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree students are invited to apply.
- You must have a degree from a university
- You’ll need to have 2 recommendations from people close to you who know you well. These could be a teacher or a doctor/GP.
How To Apply?
- Start thinking about the summer project
- Identify the area of interest
- Fill and submit an application
Don’t be shy. This internship is all about you having an amazing experience, making new friends, and taking your skills to the next level.