Health and Social Work Visa in Ireland 2023 is open now. In 2022, Ireland granted a total of 40,000 work permits, with the highest number going to the field of Health and Social Care activities. The Ireland General Employment permit is designed to attract individuals from third countries. If you’re interested in Health and Social Care, you have the option to apply for either the General Employment Permit or the Critical Skills Employment Permit, both of which cover Health and Social Care activities. Foreign nationals residing outside of Ireland can apply for an Ireland Health and Social Care Work Visa for 2023. It’s noteworthy that the highest number of Ireland work permits issued in the first quarter of 2023 were for roles in Health and Social work activities.
Now, let’s delve into what these Health and Social Care activities encompass. This category includes various professions like nurses, care assistants, healthcare assistants, social workers, psychologists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, dietitians, pharmacists, and public health professionals. These professionals play crucial roles in the health and well-being of individuals, making them an integral part of the healthcare system in Ireland.
Health and Social Work Visa in Ireland 2023
Program: Work Visa
Visa Type: Health and Social Work Visa
Host Region: Ireland
Jobs Opportunity for Health and Social Work Visa in Ireland 2023
- EURES Ireland
- PQR www.pqr.com
- TTM Healthcare www.ttmhealthcare
- HSE website – Health Service Executive
- EFG www.efg.com
Types of Health and Social Work Visa in Ireland 2023
- General Employment Permit
The General Employment Permit is the primary route for securing employment in Ireland and is applicable to all types of occupations, including seasonal work, social work, and health and care work activities.
This permit is specifically designed to attract individuals from third countries to fill positions facing labor or skill shortages in Ireland. Initially, it can be issued for a period of 2 years and is renewable for an additional three years. After a total of 5 years, individuals can apply for long-term residency in Ireland.
- Critical Skills Employment Permit
The Critical Skills Employment Permit is aimed at individuals with exceptional skills and substantial work experience. If you possess the requisite skills and relevant work experience, you can apply for this permit, which also opens the opportunity for permanent residency in Ireland.
Key Requirements for this permit include:
- The occupation must be included in the Critical Skills Occupations List, which also covers certain health and social work activities.
- The job offer must be for a minimum duration of 2 years.
- A minimum salary of €30,000 per year is required to qualify for this work permit.
Work Opportunities for Health and Social Work Visa in Ireland 2023
- Speech and language therapists
- Public health professionals Social Worker
- Healthcare Assistant
- Occupational therapists:
- Care Assistant
How to Apply for Health and Social Work Visa in Ireland 2023
- Find a job and secure an offer letter from an Irish employer.
- Your employer applies for the employment permit via the Employment Permits Online System (EPOS).
- Link is given below.
- Pay the permit fee (employer or employee depending on the arrangement).
- Once the permit is approved, obtain an Ireland Long Stay D-visa by applying online through following given link.
- Travel to Ireland once your visa is granted.
- After arrival, apply for a Residence Permit at the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) to formalize your stay and work legally in Ireland.
- Applications are open to apply for Health and Social Work Visa in Ireland 2023.