Max Planck Society (MPS) is a network of 84 free-standing research facilities in Germany and an additional 17 associated organizations overseas. The MPS organizes the Max Planck Summer Internship Program every year to provide excellent international undergraduate and graduate students with research experience and future employment opportunities in science.
The program is specifically designed to give international students and young professionals the opportunity to become familiar with German science and the culture of these institutes before starting their careers. As a Max Planck Research Intern, you can take part in groundbreaking research that complements your academic studies and gain invaluable hands-on experience through projects supervised by experienced scientists. They are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, and hard-working people who are interested in research, to spend a few months with us to work on projects of their own choice.
About Max Planck Institute of Neurology:
The Max Planck Institute of Neurology is an independent non-profit research facility, located in Munich, Germany. The Institute was established through the merger of the Max Planck Institutes of Brain Research and Neurobiology and is a member of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft and the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres.
About Max Planck Fully Funded Summer Internships:
- Host Country: Germany
- Host Organization: Max Plancks Research School
- Scholarship type: Internship
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Duration of Internship: Maximum 10 weeks
- Application Due Date: 10 February 2022
The Max Planck Internship Program is open to:
- Any applicant from anywhere across the globe.
- They are looking for highly motivated students with backgrounds in biochemistry, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, neurology, physics, psychology, and related fields.
- The University is looking for excellent students with top grades from anywhere in the world to apply.
- Students who have gained research experience during their studies are welcome to apply, whether they are undergraduates, masters, or post-masters.
Benefits/ Financial Services:
Full Financial Assistance Internship Program in Germany. The selected applicant for the program will receive the following benefits:
- Accommodations at no cost
- An allowance of 800 euros per month
- Payment of airfare to and from Martinsried, near Munich.
- Internships have a duration of up to ten weeks
- Most internships take place in the summer
You are committed to doing an outstanding job, which includes working independently, taking responsibility, and being able to cope with challenges independently.
Why is an internship necessary?
Internships are critical in getting a job. The internship phase of your career is the time when employers will take a chance on you. That’s why it’s so important to make the most of this opportunity. Being an intern isn’t all about fetching coffee and making copies. It’s your chance to prove that you have what it takes to be successful, gain valuable experience, and stand out among the competition. Doing an internship can give you an advantage over all other candidates for full-time employment because, when recruiters are narrowing the field of applicants that they’ll bring in for interviews, they value candidates who have already shown an interest in their company and know something about the work environment and culture.
How to Apply for an internship?
The application process for Max Planck Summer Internship program is not that difficult, but it does seem a bit long. The good news is you can do most of it online. Before actually applying for the program, you need to check if you meet the eligibility criteria for it.