Fully funded PhD Scholarship UK 2023 is open now. Due to the UK’s non-association with the Horizon Europe program, the five-year research project TRUE, which was previously chosen for sponsorship by the European Research Council, will now be supported by a UKRI Frontier Research guarantee grant. Applicants want to pursue their PhD can apply for this scholarship. The selected applicant will have a lot of freedom to design their own research agenda within the framework of the larger project and its research goals, which are to:
Examine how deep fakes are viewed by the general public and how this affects how trustworthy people think user-generated evidence is; Develop and validate a scale of trustworthiness for user-generated evidence, identifying the elements that influence how that evidence is viewed in terms of credibility, dependability, and probative value, and contrasting it with other types of evidence from the perspectives of both lay and professional fact-finders.
Also apply below:
In order to examine the use of user-generated evidence, the successful candidate may wish to: concentrate on a particular jurisdiction or set of jurisdictions; use argumentation mapping techniques to examine the extent to which “plausible deniability” arguments or allegations of deep fakes appeared in pertinent cases; and/or conduct interviews with judges, attorneys, investigators, or other actors who fall within the scope of their project.
In order to examine the use of user-generated evidence, the candidate may wish to: concentrate on a given jurisdiction or set of municipalities; use argumentation mapping techniques to examine the extent to which “plausible deniability” arguments or allegations of deep fakes appeared in pertinent cases; and/or conduct interviews with judges, attorneys, investigators, or other actors who fall within the scope of their project.
Host: United Kingdom (UK)
Funding agency: UKRI Frontier Research grant
Institute: Swansea University
Eligible Candidates: PhD
Benefits of Fully funded PhD Scholarship UK 2023
- This scholarship provides a stipend of £17,668 per year in addition to paying all of the tuition costs (UKRI rate).
- Further research expenses will also be supported.
Also click below and apply:
Eligibility Criteria of Fully funded PhD Scholarship UK 2023
- Candidates must typically have a master’s degree with a “merit” overall grade and an undergraduate degree with a 2.1 overall GPA (or non-UK equivalent as determined by Swansea University).
- Applicants from Europe and other countries should refer to the “country specific information” section, which is towards the bottom of the website.
- Applicants should be proficient in English and should have 6.5 score in IELTS.
- Link of language requirement is also given below.
How to apply for fully funded PhD Scholarship UK 2023
Applicants should apply online through following given information.
- Please pick Law / PhD / Full-time / 3 Year / October as your course of study.
- If the application system detects that you have previously applied for the aforementioned program, it may give a warning message and prohibit your submission.
- In this case, please email email@example.com and personnel there would be pleased to help you submit your application.
- Choose 2023 as the start year for funding (page 8) –
- “Are you paying for your own studies?” Please choose No under “Name of Individual or Organization Funding Study” and enter “RS190 – PhD TRUE.”
- Link to apply online is given below.
- Applicants should also submit all the required documents.
- All the eligible candidates will be selected.
Also visit below and apply:
Required Documents for the fully funded PhD Scholarship UK 2023
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- A brief cover letter
- A sample of academic writing
- 500-word research proposal
- English Proficiency Letter
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on headed paper or using the Swansea University reference form. Please note that we are not able to accept references received citing private email accounts, e.g. Hotmail. Referees should cite their employment email address for verification of reference.
- Copy of UK resident visa
The last date to apply for this scholarship is 14 April 2023.