PhD Position in Australia at University of Melbourne 2024 is open now. The University of Melbourne in Australia is currently inviting applications for new Ph.D. students to join our team, and the deadline for scholarship applications is approaching on the 15th of February. Our research focuses on various topics, primarily centered on conservation policy, ecosystem science, and risk assessment.
Potential research areas include enhancing the Red List of Ecosystems, exploring its further development, and applying it to diverse policy contexts. This involves collaborating with governments to assess and prioritize ecosystems for management and restoration, investigating the impact of indicator selection and scale on assessment outcomes, and incorporating structured expert elicitation.
We are also engaged in global conservation policy, specifically evaluating indicators for the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework and conducting scenario analyses to meet its goals and targets. Our work extends to the inclusion of ecosystems in private sector assessments of biodiversity impacts, dependencies, and risks, including initiatives like TNFD (Taskforce for Nature-Related Financial Disclosures) and nature-positive actions.
Additionally, we delve into ecosystem restoration, examining indicators, scenarios, and evaluating past actions in this domain. If you are interested in contributing to impactful research in these areas, we encourage you to apply for our Ph.D. program at the University of Melbourne in Australia.
PhD Position in Australia at University of Melbourne 2024
Program: PhD Position
Host Region: Australia
Coverage: Fully Funded
Host Region: University of Melbourne
Project: Conservation Policy, Ecosystem Science and Risk Assessment
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Position in Australia at University of Melbourne 2024
- Demonstrated skills in producing written research outputs, including a thesis and preferably a scientific publication, along with effective communication skills.
- Some experience in conducting ecological fieldwork.
- Undergraduate degree with honors and/or master’s degree in ecology, environmental science, or a related discipline, including a research component such as a thesis/dissertation, and a strong academic track record.
- Experience and quantitative skills for data analysis and modeling, preferably in R, or a willingness to develop such skills.
- Capacity to work collaboratively in an inclusive team environment, especially within an interdisciplinary team.
Required Documents for PhD Position in Australia at University of Melbourne 2024
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Short expression of interest, addressing the outlined selection criteria
How to Apply for PhD Position in Australia at University of Melbourne 2024
- Eligible applicants must send all required documents at following given email address.
- Apply as soon as possible, preferably by the 4th of February at the latest.
- Application received after last date will not be considered.
- Last date to apply for PhD Position in Australia at University of Melbourne is 15th February, 2024.