Postdoctoral Position in United State at University of Maine 2024 is open now. The University of Maine is looking for a post-doctoral researcher to join the Agroecology Lab, led by Dr. Rachel Schattman. This position is focused on projects related to poly and perfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in agroecosystems. The research on PFAS is conducted in collaboration with the Biomass Energy Laboratory (led by Dr. Ling Li) in the School of Forestry and the UMaine Plant Physiology Lab (led by Dr. YongJiang Zhang) in the School of Biology and Ecology.
Our teams investigate how PFAS are absorbed by commercial agricultural crops and the factors that influence this absorption, including plant characteristics, physiology, and soil amendments like biochar. Our research approach is grounded in participatory action research (PAR), which involves close collaboration with agricultural communities to develop and carry out meaningful and practical research projects.
The University of Maine is situated in scenic Central Maine, and many of our employees choose UMaine for its high quality of life. The region offers numerous cultural activities, excellent public schools, safe neighborhoods, top-notch medical care, minimal traffic, and a reasonable cost of living, making the greater Bangor area an attractive place to reside.
UMaine is a comprehensive university with a land, sea, and space grant designation, and it holds a leading position as the flagship institution within the University of Maine System. As a Carnegie R1 top-tier research institution, UMaine is committed to delivering exceptional teaching, research, and service that benefit Maine, the nation, and the global community. The University of Maine comprises over 11,900 undergraduate and graduate students and employs 2,500 individuals across the Orono campus, the regional campus in Machias, and throughout the state.
Postdoctoral Position in United State at University of Maine 2024
Program: Postdoctoral Position
Host Country: United State
Institute: University of Maine
Project: Related to poly and perfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in agroecosystems
Degree Level: Postdoctoral
Duration: Fiscal Year (12 Months)
Required Education: PhD
Eligibility Criteria of Postdoctoral Position in United State at University of Maine 2024
- You should have a basic understanding of agriculture and how crops interact with soil.
- Experience in conducting field research and handling research data is important.
- It’s also preferred that you have a track record of publishing research papers and obtaining external funding.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. or a similar doctoral degree, or be close to completing their doctoral work (ABD) when applying.
- Your degree should be in a relevant field like agronomy, agroecology, soil or crop sciences, plant physiology, biogeochemistry, or a related area.
- Having experience with grant writing or securing external funds for scientific projects is a plus.
- This role may involve traveling within Maine, so a valid driver’s license is needed, and you’ll be reimbursed for mileage.
- You should be capable of lifting up to 30 pounds and collecting research samples in various field conditions, including adverse weather.
- You should be able to effectively organize data and project information.
- Applicant should have strong skills in both speaking and writing.
- Additionally, it’s beneficial if you have an interest in science communication and enjoy collaborating with various stakeholders.
Required Documents for Postdoctoral Position in United State at University of Maine 2024
- Three Reference Letter
- Updated CV
- A cover letter which describes your experience, interests, and suitability for the position
Benefits of Postdoctoral Position in United State at University of Maine 2024
- The University of Maine provides a variety of employee benefits, including tuition assistance for employees and their dependents, comprehensive insurance coverage encompassing medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
- Retirement plan options are also available.
- For this specific position, which is funded through soft-money, the typical starting salary is $55,000.
- The salary offered will be given with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
How to Apply for Postdoctoral Position in United State at University of Maine 2024
- Interested candidates should apply online.
- Link to apply online is given below.
- Upload all required documents.
- Fill out application form carefully.
- Application received after last date will not be entertained.
- For question about search, please contact search committee chair Rachel Schattman at following given email address.
- Applications are open to apply for Postdoctoral Position in United State at University of Maine 2024.
- Interviews to begin no earlier than: October 2, 2023
- Tentative start date: January 8, 2024