President Scholarship in China at NPU 2024 is open now. Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU) President Scholarship is a prestigious program available for international students pursuing undergraduate, masters or doctoral studies. It covers tuition fees, offers monthly living allowances and accommodation. This scholarship, divided into three levels (first, second, and third), is open to applicants from all countries at Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU) in Xi’an, China.
President Scholarship in China at NPU 2024
Program: Presidential Scholarship
Host Country: China
Institute: Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU)
Degree Level: Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD
Duration:Bachelor’s 4 years, Master’s 3 years, PhD 4 years
Application Period for Masters and PhD
- First Level: November 15, 2023 – January 15, 2024
- Second Level: January 16, 2024 – February 15, 2024
- Third Level: February 16, 2024 – March 15, 2024
- Fourth Level: March 16, 2024 – April 15, 2024
Application Period for Bachelors
- First Level: November 15, 2023, to February 15, 2024
- Second Level: February 16, 2024, to March 15, 2024
- The third Level: March 16, 2024, to April 15, 2024
- Fourth Level: April 16, 2024, to May 15, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for President Scholarship in China at NPU 2024
- Undergraduate program applicants must possess a high school diploma and be under 25 years old by September 1st, 2024.
- Master’s program applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and be under 30 years old by September 1st, 2024.
- PhD program applicants should hold a Master’s degree and be under 35 years old by September 1st, 2024.
- Good physical and mental health is a requirement for applicants.
- Only non-Chinese citizens with valid passports are eligible to apply.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate proficiency in either Chinese or English language based on specific criteria.
- For Chinese proficiency, individuals should attain a minimum of HSK Level 5 with a score of 180 or higher.
- For English proficiency, several options are available: achieving an overall score of 6.0 or above in the IELTS Academic Test, with no less than 5.5 in each element; scoring 80 or higher in the TOEFL (iBT home edition, Essentials, DI code C317 accepted); obtaining a Duolingo English Test score of 115 or above; completing the Cambridge International Advanced LEVEL English course–A; or passing the Cambridge Main Suite Examinations with a score of FCE ≥ 169 or CAE ≥ 180 or CPE.
- These language proficiency requirements are essential for applicants seeking admission.
Benefits of President Scholarship in China at NPU 2024
- Undergraduate: 1500 RMB/month for 12 months
- Master’s: 2000 RMB/month for 12 months
- PhD: 3500 RMB/month
The NPU President Scholarship has three tiers:
- First Level Winners: Receive exemption from tuition fees, accommodation fees, and living allowances.
- Second Level Winners: Benefit from exemption solely from tuition fees.
- Third Level Winners: Receive a 50% exemption from tuition fees.
Required Documents for Masters and PhD Degree
- Transcripts of previous degree (s).
- Any international standardized test scores such as the GRE, GMAT
- Study and research plan in China (template)
- Chinese/English language certificate
- Non-criminal record (valid for six months).
- Acceptance letter from a supervisor
- Awards or scientific research achievements (if any)
- Other supplementary materials required
- Art or design portfolio (Architecture or design majors applicants)
- Two recommendation letters from professors, associate professors, or level above
- Personal information page of valid passport (copy)
- Undergraduate diploma copy
- Physical Examination Form for Foreigners copy (valid for six months)
- Bank statement
Required Documents for Bachelor’s Degree
- Chinese or English language certificate.
- Non-criminal record (valid for five months).
- Officially certified awards, and scientific research achievements (if any).
- A copy of the personal information page of your valid passport.
- A copy of the high school diploma (or graduation certificate) and all transcripts.
- Self-introduction (template).
- Bank Statement.
- Copy of “Physical Examination Form for Foreigners” (valid for six months);
- Other supplementary materials are required.
- As of September 1st, 2024, Guardian’s Commitment Letter and Guardian Guarantee Letter for minor applicants under the age of 18 (template).
How to Apply for President Scholarship in China at NPU 2024
- Online application submission is required.
- An application fee of 600RMB must be paid for the application to be considered.
- Non-payment of the application fee will result in the application being rejected.
- Applicants are advised to refer to the “Application Guide for International Students” for detailed instructions and information regarding the application process.
- Applications are open to apply for this opportunity.