PhD Position in Sweden at University of Gothenburg 2024 is open now. The University of Gothenburg values fairness, diversity, and equality, storing job applications for two years post the employment decision, unless requested otherwise. They actively foster an equitable workplace and appreciate the varied perspectives diversity brings. Salaries are determined individually.
Following Swedish Archives regulations, application documents are kept for two years after filling a position, returned upon request afterward. The University has decided its recruitment channels and won’t engage with other vendors. They aim for a diverse, inclusive working environment, acknowledging the contributions of varied knowledge.
The University, with 56,000 students and 6,600 staff, addresses societal challenges using diverse expertise. The Economics Department, part of the School of Business, Economics, and Law, comprises around 100 employees teaching 800 students. Diverse economists focus on broad research areas such as labor, health, environment, and finance. The School, with 3,700 students, 500 staff, and 160 partner universities, is accredited by EQUIS, AACSB, and AMBA.
Their PhD in Economics program spans from September 2024 to May 2029, emphasizing coursework initially and progressing to research and thesis work, along with teaching and administrative duties.
PhD Position in Sweden at University of Gothenburg 2024
Program: PhD Positions
Coverage: Fully Funded
Host Region: Sweden
Institute: University of Gothenburg
Required Documents for PhD Position in Sweden at University of Gothenburg 2024
- GRE Exam Scores (recommended); upload with the application and submit directly to the school using institutional code 7303
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Goals and visions statement for the doctoral position, emphasizing current research interests (1-2 A4 pages in English)
- Copies of exam or degree certificates; translations for non-Scandinavian certificates into English
- Transcript of university courses with grades; translations for non-Scandinavian transcripts into English
- Overview of submitted documents, including social security number (if applicable), and suggested 1-3 reviewers
- Copy of thesis paper or scientific publications; specify priority for assessment if submitting multiple papers. Papers preferably in English or Swedish
- Letter(s) of recommendation to be sent separately by reviewers to following give email address.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Position in Sweden at University of Gothenburg 2024
- Possess a degree granted at an advanced level OR finished studies comprising a minimum of 240 higher education credits, with at least 60 credits at an advanced level, or hold equivalent qualifications.
- Special eligibility requires a completion of at least 90 higher education credits in economics OR accomplishment of at least 30 higher education credits in economics at an advanced level, or possess equivalent qualifications.
Selection Criteria for PhD Position in Sweden at University of Gothenburg 2024
- Emphasis on undergraduate and advanced-level performance, prioritizing very good grades, outstanding thesis, and robust recommendation letters.
- Review of submitted materials by the Department of Economics PhD Admissions Committee for qualifying candidates.
- Evaluation includes excellence in Mathematics, Statistics, and Econometrics, along with proficiency in advanced Microeconomics and Macroeconomics courses.
- Consideration of the applicant’s overall suitability for the PhD program.
- Selection based on the ability to absorb postgraduate education among eligible applicants meeting basic and special criteria.
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited for interviews as part of the selection process.
Benefits of PhD Position in Sweden at University of Gothenburg 2024
- Active pursuit of an equitable working environment with equal opportunities is a priority for the University.
- Acknowledgment and appreciation of the benefits diversity contributes to its functioning.
- Salaries are individually determined for employees across the University.
How to Apply for PhD Position in Sweden at University of Gothenburg 2024
- Application for the University of Gothenburg’s PhD program requires submission via the university’s recruitment system.
- Individual professor support before application is discouraged; candidates apply independently.
- Responsibility lies with the applicant to ensure adherence to application instructions and submission before the deadline.
- Candidate selection relies on qualifications documented in the application by the application deadline.
- For additional details about the PhD program or position, contact Professor and Director of PhD Program in Economics and Andreea Mitrut HR Officer and PhD Administrator Ann-Christin Räätäri Nyström via the provided email addresses.
- Last date to apply for PhD Position in Sweden at University of Gothenburg is 1st February, 2024.