Faculty Positions in Microbiology at Texas State University 2023 is open now. Texas State University, located in the Austin-San Antonio area, is home to over 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members. It’s a research-focused institution that helps create new knowledge, drive cultural and economic development, and prepare its diverse student population for future opportunities in Texas, the U.S., and beyond.
The Department of Biology at Texas State University is looking for up to three Assistant or Associate Professors who specialize in microbiology and use advanced molecular, genomic, and bioinformatics tools in their research. The selected candidates will collaborate with our faculty to enhance microbiology research and mentor students in this field. They will teach microbiology courses for both graduate and undergraduate students and establish a research program with external funding, involving graduate students. We’re particularly interested in research areas like Microbial Functional Genomics, Microbial Ecology, and Molecular Microbiology. Please note that these positions are contingent on the availability of funding.
Faculty Positions in Microbiology at Texas State University 2023
Program: Faculty Position
Department: Microbial Functional Genomics, Microbial Ecology, Molecular Microbiology
Institute: Texas State University
Host Country: United State
Number of Positions: Three
Required Documents for Faculty Positions in Microbiology at Texas State University 2023
- PDFs of up to 5 peer-reviewed publications most relevant to the position
- Research Plan
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts
- Current CV with separate sections for peer-reviewed and non-peer-reviewed publications
- Teaching & Mentorship Philosophy
- Contact information for 3-5 professional references
Eligibility Criteria for Faculty Positions in Microbiology at Texas State University 2023
For Associate Professor
- Relevant postdoctoral experience.
- Strong skills in molecular biology and bioinformatics, along with research experience in microbiology that aligns with the department’s research areas.
- Proof of your experience in mentoring students.
- A Ph.D. in microbiology, virology, molecular biology, genomics, or a related field when applying for the position.
- A track record of research publications that have been peer-reviewed in the field of microbiology, microbial meta-genomics, or microbial genetics/genomics.
- Evidence of securing external grants to support your research.
For Assistant Professor
- Record of peer-reviewed research publications in microbiology, microbial meta-genomics, or microbial genetics/genomics research and analyses.
- Possession of a Ph.D. in microbiology, virology, molecular biology, genomics, or related field at the time of application, along with relevant postdoctoral experience.
- Strong molecular biology and bioinformatics skills, compatible with the department’s research strengths.
- Evidence of securing external grant funding to support research.
- Demonstrated experience in student mentoring.
How to Apply for Faculty Positions in Microbiology at Texas State University 2023
- Interested candidates are requested to apply online.
- Link to apply online is given below.
- All eligible candidates will be preferred.
- For any question about these position you can contact Dr. David Rodriguez through following given email address.
- Upload all required documents.
- Applications are open to apply for Faculty Positions in Microbiology at Texas State University 2023.